Automount linux NTFS Partition ubuntu


Auto-mounting NTFS / Windows Partitions in Ubuntu is actually really easy. It’s great, for example, if you have a partition you share between Windows and Linux with files on.

gnome-dev-harddisk-usb

Set NTFS/Windows Partitions To Auto-Mount

1. Go to Applications > Add/Remove

2. Search for 'NTFS Configuration Tool' (Firefox users can click: apt:ntfs-config )

3. Install it.

Config

Once installed make sure any drive you wish to Auto-mount is unmounted. Do this either my restarting Ubuntu and not mounting the drives, or by ejecting them via nautilus’ side-pane or the terminal.

1. Launch the 'NTFS Configuration Tool' from System > Administration > NTFS Configuration Tool.

2. In the NTFS Config. window, check the box next to the drive(s) you wish to automount.

3. Click Apply.

A new window will appear, however only check 'Enable Support For Internal Device.' This is all i have and i can both read and write to my partitions fine.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

... This is so simple that I almost hate you for posting it? I've recently installed Kubuntu and for the life of me, could not understand why my D Drive (where I store everything because the C drive is so vulnerable) would unmount whenever I restarted. But I am sure that in the beginning (LOL) it would automount? I don't even know. ANYWAYS, tangent, I finally found this on the UB forums and it solved my problems. If only this post had come sooner! Still, if anything ever happens, now I have two points of reference, so thank you!

Commander Ragnor on 30 April 2009 at 02:43 said...

Haha! I'm glad it could help.

I used to spend ages manually editing my fstab so my shared partitions would automount and, well, i'd do something wrong or one day it'd stop working.

NTFS Configuration Editor (am i bored of typing out it's full name already?!) is a hidden gem that no-one seems to notice is there. I've often wondered if i was doing something wrong in using it as every tutorial relates to manually editing fstab... but nope! It works!

Anonymous said...

this is awesome. Why isn't this the default behavior?

Unknown on 12 June 2009 at 14:53 said...

sudo apt-get install disk-manager ;o)

OMG! IRC!

OMG! IRC!
 

Popular Threads

Powered by Disqus

Designed on

Blog Archive

Recent Comments

© Ohso 2010 All rights reserved | Site designed by Jeff V and TSM1428. Created by d0od | Back To Top