OMGVideo: Probing Your Box, Grub 2 and You


If I had to pick one horror story that I get messaged about the most, it would be the dreaded bootloader. "It's missing" or "I have a black screen of death.." and some people edit their grub.cfg without realizing it can disable you from booting at all, essentially turning your computer into a brick. Yay! Most of you already know that when you power on your computer, the first software that runs is a bootloader that invokes the OS from the computer. GRUB, the GRand Unified Bootloader, is an important part of many Linux systems. Above are a few tips to help address the issues with Grub 2. What are your horror stories?



blog comments powered by Disqus

OMG! IRC!

OMG! IRC!
 

Popular Threads

Powered by Disqus

Designed on

Blog Archive

Recent Comments

© Ohso 2010 All rights reserved | Site designed by Jeff V and TSM1428. Created by d0od | Back To Top